Application "crashes", "freezes" or "lags"; the "Previous application launch failed" error message appears
Latest update: February 09, 2023 ID: 14826
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
Your Kaspersky application stops working unexpectedly, stops responding or "freezes"; when restarting the device, an error message appears stating that "Previous application launch failed".
Try to install the product once again. To do so:
- Download the application installer.
- Uninstall the current version of the application. See this article for instructions. In the Saving objects window, select the License information or Subscription details checkbox.
- Restart your PC.
- Run the installation file and follow the instructions from these articles:
The application has been reinstalled.
What to do if the error persists
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Attach to your request a Get System Info report and dump files from the following folder:
C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP<application version>\Traces