How to update the databases for Kaspersky Small Office Security 7
Updating the anti-virus databases requires an active license and an Internet connection.
If you haven’t changed the application settings, the databases are updated automatically after the application is installed. After that, the databases will be updated at optimal intervals. The databases are updated more regularly during virus outbreaks.
You can also run a database update manually.
How to update the databases manually
To update the databases of Kaspersky Small Office Security, use one of the following methods:
- In the lower-right corner of the Desktop (taskbar notification area), right-click the application icon and select Run database update from the shortcut menu. If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow.
- In the main window of Kaspersky Small Office Security, click Database Update → Run update. If you have any difficulties opening the application, see this guide.
- Sign in to the Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console. In the top-left corner, click All devices. Select the checkboxes beside the devices you want to run the update on, or select Select all. Click Update. Please note that this feature does not work for mobile devices.
The database update for Kaspersky Small Office Security will start the next time the computer connects to the Internet.
The following files are downloaded and installed on your computer during an update:
- Anti-virus databases. These databases contain threat descriptions and methods used to combat them.
- Application modules. These modules close application vulnerabilities, enhance existing functions and add new ones.
- New application versions. New versions of the application are automatically downloaded and installed on top of the current version.
If any issues occur while the application is updating automatically, download the new version from the Kaspersky website and install it manually. For installation instructions, see this article.
How to find out the databases release date
To find out the date the databases were released, hover your mouse pointer over the Kaspersky Small Office Security icon in the Desktop taskbar. If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow.
In the pop-up window, you will see the databases release date.
What to do in case of update issues
If you experience problems updating the databases, try looking up your issue in the Update errors section.
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic of your request.