Compatibility of Kaspersky Small Office Security 7 with Windows 10
Kaspersky Small Office Security works with limitations in the following cases:
- If you have installed Kaspersky Small Office Security on Windows 10 upgraded to version 2004 and later.
- If Windows 10 is in the Out Of Box Experience (OOBE).
- If the Device Guard mode is enabled in Windows 10.
Limitations of Kaspersky Small Office Security on Windows 10 upgraded to version 2004 and later
Some Kaspersky Small Office Security features may work incorrectly on Windows 10 upgraded to version 2004 and later. This can happen, if you have not updated anti-virus databases and restarted the computer after installing the application.
Features that may not work correctly:
- Protection against screen lockers.
- Protection against file-encrypting malware.
- Clipboard protection.
- Browser protection against keyboard and mouse emulation software.
- Protection against remote management applications.
- Browser protection: management through API, protection against attacks through browser windows, protection against message queue management.
- Detection of screen lockers when the UMCI mode is enabled.
- Microphone access control.
To remove these limitations, update anti-virus databases and restart the computer.
Limitations of Kaspersky Small Office Security in the OOBE mode after upgrade to Windows 10
After you upgrade to Windows 10, Kaspersky Small Office Security components and processes may not start immediately. They cannot start until you finish the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience) wizard.
Main product components and processes include:
- Application interface
- File Anti-Virus
- Mail Anti-Virus
- IM Anti-Virus
- Heuristic protection
- Proactive defense
- Automatic Exploit Prevention
- Application Control
- Protection from rootkits
- Network Monitor
- Kaspersky URL Advisor
- Protected Browser
- Safe Money
- Kaspersky Security Network
- Private Browsing
- Protection against phishing
- Virtual Keyboard
- Secure Data Input
- Web Control
- Password protection
- Advanced parameters
- Scan settings
- Performance settings
- Task Manager
- Wi-Fi Security Notification
- Kaspersky Protection Center services
- Online Management
- Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte)
- Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console
- Backup and Restore
- Unused Data Cleaner
- File Shredder
- Data Encryption
- Installation of Kaspersky Password Manager from the application interface
- Kaspersky Password Manager
If the application does not receive any information about the completion of the OOBE wizard within 15 minutes, the components and processes listed above will start automatically.
Limitations in Kaspersky Small Office Security when Device Guard is enabled in Windows 10
If Device Guard is enabled in Windows 10, the following features of Kaspersky Small Office Security will be limited:
- Windows 10 versions 1607, 1703, 1709:
- Protection against screen lockers
- Protection against file-encrypting malware
- Windows 10 versions 1803, 1809, 1903, 2004:
- Clipboard protection
- Browser protection against keyboard and mouse emulation software
- Protection against unauthorized remote access
- Browser protection: management through API, protection against attacks through browser windows, protection against message queue management
- Detection of screen lockers when the UMCI mode is enabled
In Windows 10 versions 1703, 1709, 1803 without an 17.09.2018 or later update installed (for details, see Microsoft support site) with Device Guard enabled, the following issues may occur:
- Installation of Kaspersky Small Office Security may not be allowed. We recommend that you disable the Device Guard mode or download and install an update, if it was not installed automatically.
- Operating system failure (Blue Screen of Death, BSOD), when Kaspersky Small Office Security is installed after rolling back Windows 10 update released on 17.09.2018 and restarting the computer.
- Operating system failure, when Kaspersky Small Office Security is installed after enabling Device Guard and restarting the computer.