Using of Heuristic Analyzer with File Anti-Virus
January 10, 2024
File Anti-Virus uses a technique called signature analysis. During signature analysis, File Anti-Virus matches the detected object with records in application databases. Following the recommendations of Kaspersky experts, signature analysis is always enabled.
For increasing the effectiveness of protection you can use heuristic analysis. During heuristic analysis, File Anti-Virus analyzes the activity of objects in the operating system. Heuristic analysis can detect new malicious objects for which there are currently no records in the application database.
To configure use of Heuristic Analyzer in the operation of File Anti-Virus:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select the Light Agent for Linux policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> window by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the File Anti-Virus section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Security level section, click the Settings button.
- In the File Anti-Virus window that opens, on the Performance tab, in the Scan methods section, do one of the following:
- If you want File Anti-Virus to use heuristic analysis, select the Heuristic Analysis check box and use the slider to set the heuristic analysis level: Light, Medium, or Deep.
- If you do not want File Anti-Virus to use heuristic analysis, clear the Heuristic Analysis check box.
- Click OK in the File Anti-Virus window.
- Click the Apply button.