Changing the security level
January 10, 2024
To perform scan tasks the application uses various combinations of settings. These groups of settings are called security levels. You can select one of the preset security levels or configure security level settings on your own. There are three security levels: High, Recommended, and Low. The Recommended security level is considered the optimal setting, and is recommended by Kaspersky.
To change the security level:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- Do one of the following:
- To configure the settings of a task created for the virtual machines within the selected administration group, select the folder with the name of this administration group in the console tree and in the workspace select the Tasks tab.
- To configure the settings of a task created for one or more virtual machines (tasks for a set of devices), select the Tasks folder in the console tree.
- In the list of tasks, select the required virus scan task for Light Agent for Windows and open the Settings: <Task name> window by double-clicking it.
- In the properties window of the task, select the Settings section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Security level section, do one of the following:
- If you want to install one of the pre-installed security levels (High, Recommended, or Low), use the slider to select one.
- If you want to configure a custom security level, click the Settings button and, in the window that opens, specify the settings with the name of a scan task.
After you configure a custom security level, the name of the security level in the Security level section changes to Custom.
- To change the security level to Recommended, click the Default button.
- Click the Apply button.