Changing the action to take on infected files
January 10, 2024
To change the action on infected files:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- Do one of the following:
- To configure the settings of a task created for the virtual machines within the selected administration group, select the folder with the name of this administration group in the console tree and in the workspace select the Tasks tab.
- To configure the settings of a task created for one or more virtual machines (tasks for a set of devices), select the Tasks folder in the console tree.
- In the list of tasks, select the required virus scan task for Light Agent for Windows and open the Settings: <Task name> window by double-clicking it.
- In the properties window of the task, select the Settings section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Action on threat detection section, select the required option:
- Select action automatically.
- Perform action: Disinfect. Delete if disinfection fails.
- Perform action: Disinfect.
- Perform action: Delete.
- Perform action: Block.
The Select action automatically option is selected by default. The application performs the default action defined by Kaspersky experts: Disinfect. Delete if disinfection fails option is selected by default.
Regardless of the option selected, Kaspersky Security application applies the Delete action to the files that are part of the Windows Store application.
When files are deleted or disinfected, their copies are saved in Backup.
- Click the Apply button.