Using of Heuristic Analyzer
January 10, 2024
When active, the application uses signature analysis. During signature analysis, Kaspersky Security matches the detected object with records in the application databases. Following the recommendations of Kaspersky experts, signature analysis is always enabled.
For increasing the effectiveness of scanning you can use heuristic analysis. During heuristic analysis, the application analyzes the activity of objects in the operating system. Heuristic analysis can detect new malicious objects for which there are currently no records in the application database.
To configure use of Heuristic Analyzer:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- Do one of the following:
- To configure the settings of a task created for the virtual machines within the selected administration group, select the folder with the name of this administration group in the console tree and in the workspace select the Tasks tab.
- To configure the settings of a task created for one or more virtual machines (tasks for a set of devices), select the Tasks folder in the console tree.
- In the list of tasks, select the required virus scan task for Light Agent for Windows and open the Settings: <Task name> window by double-clicking it.
- In the properties window of the task, select the Settings section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Security level section, click the Settings button.
- In the Virus scan window that opens, on the Additional tab, in the Scan methods section, do one of the following:
- If you want the application to use heuristic analysis during the virus scan task, set the Heuristic Analysis check box and use the slider to set the heuristic analysis level: Light, Medium, or Deep.
- If you do not want the application to use heuristic analysis during the virus scan task, clear the Heuristic Analysis check box.
- Click OK in the Virus scan window.
- Click the Apply button.