January 10, 2024
The Kaspersky Security functionality described in this section is available only if the application is installed on a virtual machine with a Windows desktop or server operating system.
Network Monitor is a tool designed for viewing information about the network activity of a protected virtual machine in real time in the local interface of Light Agent for Windows.
To start Network Monitor:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the main application window.
- Select the Protection and Control tab.
- Open the Manage protection section.
- Open the context menu of the Firewall line and select Network Monitor.
The Network Monitor window opens. In this window, information about the network activity of the protected virtual machine is shown on four tabs:
- The Network activity tab shows all current network connections with protected virtual machine. Both outbound and inbound network connections of the protected virtual machine are displayed.
- The Open ports tab lists all open network ports of the protected virtual machine.
- The Network traffic tab shows the volume of inbound and outbound network traffic between the protected virtual machine and other devices in the network to which you are currently connected.
- The Blocked devices tab lists the IP addresses of remote devices whose network activity has been blocked by the Network Attack Blocker component after detecting network attack attempts from such IP addresses.