Using the utilities and scripts from the Kaspersky Security distribution kit
January 10, 2024
To analyze the cause of errors in the operation of Kaspersky Security, Technical Support experts may ask you to use the following utilities included in the Kaspersky Security distribution kit:
- ai_config is the utility that allows converting the SVM settings from configuration database format to text file and back.
- cleanUpdateShare.sh is the script for removing the old Light Agent bases from the SVM.
- configure.sh is the script for managing the SVM, viewing and modifying the SVM configuration settings. It is used by the SVM Management Wizard to reconfigure the SVM using the
- dump_ods_scan_queue and dump_ods_scan_queue.sh are the utilities for viewing current scan tasks queue.
- eventlog_client and eventlog_client.sh are the utilities for generating the events to be sent to Kaspersky Security Center.
- firewall.sh is the script for opening up the ports to connect to Network Agent.
- first_boot.sh is the script for changing the SVM configuration on the first boot of the SVM.
- get_used_mem.sh is the script for showing memory usage statistics.
- kvp_read is the utility for viewing shared data of a hypervisor from the Hyper-V KVP Exchange storage.
- la-kvm-guest is the init.d script for managing the KVM guest service.
- la-scanserver is the init.d script for managing the scanserver service.
- managenet.sh is the script for managing the network interfaces.
- on_product_install.sh is the script which allows to set a one-time SVM configuration during the SVM deployment.
- sfw is the utility for managing the netfilter firewall of the Linux operating system.
- show_inventory and show_inventory.sh are the utilities for viewing the virtual infrastructure inventory, loaded to the SVM by the Integration Server.
- show_virt_info and show_virt_info.sh are the utilities for viewing the virtual machine information (for example bios version or hypervisor information).
- snmp.sh is the script for enabling or disabling the SNMP monitoring on the SVM.
- storage_util is the utility for managing the storage of the data, used for the Kaspersky Security database updates.
- viis_console and viis_console.sh are the utilities for connecting to and managing the Integration Server, which allow to connect to the Integration Server, get information about the Integration Server and connection of utilities to the Integration Server, manage the list of virtual infrastructure objects to which the Integration Server connects, manage SVM information which is sent by SVMs to the Integration Server, get information about virtual infrastructure inventory, get statistics on utilities operation.
- patch_detector.pl is the script for searching the application module update in the folder specified and run the KSV Patch Installer to install it.
- patch_installer.pl is the script for installing the Kaspersky Security module updates from the tar.gz file.
- patch_list.pl is the script for generating the list of the Kaspersky Security module updates installed on the SVM in XML format.
- patch_rollback.pl is the script for rolling back the latest Kaspersky Security module update installed.