Changing the scan mode
January 10, 2024
Scan mode means the condition under which File Anti-Virus starts to scan files. By default, File Anti-Virus scans files in smart mode. In this file scan mode, File Anti-Virus decides whether or not to scan files after analyzing operations that are performed with the file by you, by an application on behalf of you or a different user (under the account credentials that were used to log in to the operating system), or by the operating system. For example, when a Microsoft Office Word document is used, File Anti-Virus scans the file when it is first opened and last closed. Intermediate operations that overwrite the file do not cause it to be scanned.
To change the file scan mode using Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the File Anti-Virus section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Security level section, click the Settings button.
- In the File Anti-Virus window that opens, on the Additional tab, in the Scan mode section, select the required mode:
- Smart mode.
- On access and modification.
- On access.
- On execution.
- Click OK in the File Anti-Virus window.
- Click the Apply button.
To change the file scan mode in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Anti-Virus protection section, select File Anti-Virus.
In the right part of the window, the File Anti-Virus component's settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Complete steps 6–8 of the previous instructions.
- To save changes, click the Save button.