Getting information about applications that are installed on protected virtual machines
January 10, 2024
To create an Application Startup Control rule, it is recommended to first obtain information about the applications that are used on the protected virtual machines within the corporate LAN. You can obtain the following information:
- Vendors, versions, and localizations of applications that are used on the corporate LAN.
- Frequency of application updates.
- Application usage policies adopted within the company (this may be security policies or administrative policies).
- The location of storage with application installation packages.
Information about applications that are used on the protected virtual machines on the corporate LAN is available in the Applications registry list and in the Executable files list.
These lists can be viewed in the following ways:
- In the Administration Console: Additional → Application management.
- In the Web Console: Operations → Third-party applications.
The Applications registry list contains applications that were detected by the Network Agent which is installed on protected virtual machines.
The Executable files list contains executable files that have ever been started on protected virtual machines or were detected during Kaspersky Security inventory task.
To view general information about the application and its executable files, as well as the list of protected virtual machines on which an application is installed, open the properties window of an application that is selected in one if these lists.
Lists of applications and executable files are created by Network Agent if the About started applications check box is selected in the Light Agent for Windows policy properties in the Reports and Storages section in the Inform Administration Server subsection.