Moving an application to a trust group in a local interface
January 10, 2024
When the application is first started, Application Privilege Control automatically places the application in a trust group. If necessary, you can manually move the application to another trust group in the local interface.
Kaspersky experts do not recommend moving applications from the automatically assigned trust group to a different trust group. Instead, you can edit a control rule for an individual application if necessary.
To move an application to a trust group in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Application Privilege Control.
In the right part of the window, the Application Privilege Control component's settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Click the Applications button.
- The Applications window opens on the Application Privilege Control rules tab.
- In the list of applications, select the relevant application and perform one of the following actions:
- Open the context menu of the application and select Move to group / <Group name>.
- Click the Trusted / Low Restriction / High Restriction / Untrusted link in the bottom-left corner of the Application control rules tab to open the context menu and select the necessary trust group.
- In the Applications window, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.