Editing an application control rule in a local interface
January 10, 2024
By default, the settings of application control rules of applications that belong to an application group or trust group inherit the values of settings of trust group control rules. If necessary, you can change the settings of an application control rule in the local interface.
To change an application control rule:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Application Privilege Control.
In the right part of the window, the Application Privilege Control component's settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Click the Applications button.
- In the Applications window that opens, on the Application control rules tab in the list of applications, select the required application.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Edit button located above the application list.
- Open the application context menu and select Application rules.
- Click the Additional button in the lower-right corner of the Application control rules tab.
- In the Application control rules window that opens, perform one of the following actions:
- To edit application control rules that govern the rights of the application to access the operating system registry, user files, and application settings, select the Files and system registry tab.
- To edit application control rules that govern the rights of the application to access operating system processes and objects, select the Rights tab.
- For the relevant resource, in the column of the corresponding action, open the context menu and select the necessary item:
- Log events.
- In the Application control rules window, click OK.
- In the Applications window, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.