Disabling inheritance of restrictions from the parent process in a local interface
January 10, 2024
If the activity of an application is blocked due to the lack of rights that are granted to a parent process, you can edit these rights or disable the inheritance of restrictions from the parent process in the local interface.
To disable the inheritance of restrictions from the parent process:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Application Privilege Control.
In the right part of the window, the Application Privilege Control component's settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Click the Applications button.
The Applications window opens on the Application Privilege Control rules tab.
- In the list of applications, select the desired application.
- Open the application context menu and select Application rules.
The Application control rules window opens.
- Select the Exclusions tab.
- Select the Do not inherit restrictions of the parent process (application) check box.
- In the Application control rules window, click OK.
- In the Applications window, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.