Creating a category of protected resources
January 10, 2024
To create a category of protected resources using Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the Application Privilege Control section in the list on the left.
- In right part of the window, the Application rules section, click the Settings button located in the lower part of the section.
- In the Applications window that opens, in the left part of the Protected resources tab, select the section or category of protected resources to which you want to add a new category of protected resources.
- In the upper-left part of the Protected resources tab, open the context menu of the Add button and select Category from the menu.
- In the Category of protected resources window that opens, enter the name for the new category of protected resources.
- In the Category of protected resources window, click OK.
A new item appears in the list of categories of protected resources.
- In the Applications window, click OK.
- Click the Apply button.
To create a category of protected resources in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Application Privilege Control.
In the right part of the window, the Application Privilege Control component's settings are displayed.
- Click the Resources button.
The Applications window opens on the Protected resources tab.
- Complete steps 7–11 of the previous instructions.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- To save changes, click the Save button.
After you create a category of protected resources, you can edit or remove it by clicking the Edit or Delete buttons in the upper-left part of the Protected resources tab.