Excluding a resource from protection
January 10, 2024
To exclude a resource from the protection scope in Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the Application Privilege Control section in the list on the left.
- In right part of the window, the Application rules section, click the Settings button located in the lower part of the section.
- In the Applications window that opens, on the Protected resources tab, exclude the resource from the protection scope in one of the following ways:
- Disable protection of a resource. To do so, in the left part of the tab, in the list of protected resources, select the resource for which you want to disable protection and clear the check box next to its name.
- Add the resource to the list of exclusions from protection by the Application Privilege Control component. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Click the Exclusions button in the upper-right part of the Protected resources tab.
- In the Exclusions window that opens, open the context menu of the Add button and select the type of resource that you want to add to the list of exclusions from the protection provided by the Application Privilege Control component: File or folder or Registry key.
- In the Protected resource window that opens, in the Name field, enter a name for the protected resource.
- Click the Browse button.
- In the window that opens, specify the necessary settings depending on the type of protected resource added to the list of exclusions from the protection provided by the Application Privilege Control component, and click OK.
- In the Protected resource window, click OK.
A new element appears in the list of resources that are excluded from protection by the Application Privilege Control component.
- Click OK in the Exclusions window.
- In the Applications window, click OK.
- Click the Apply button.
To exclude a resource from the protection scope in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Application Privilege Control.
In the right part of the window, the Application Privilege Control component's settings are displayed.
- Click the Resources button.
The Applications window opens on the Protected resources tab.
- Complete steps 7–8 of the previous instructions.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- To save changes, click the Save button.