Configuring user access to a trusted device
January 10, 2024
By default, when a device is added to the list of trusted devices, access to the device is granted to all users (the Everyone group of users). You can configure the access of users (or user groups) to a trusted device.
To configure user access to a trusted device in Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the Device Control section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, select the Trusted devices tab.
- In the list of trusted devices, select a device whose settings you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Configuring device access rules window that opens, click the Select button.
The standard Select Users or Groups window in Microsoft Windows opens.
- Edit the list of users and/or groups of users for whom the device must be a trusted device.
- Click OK in the Select Users or Groups window.
The names of users and/or groups of users that are specified in the Select Users or Groups window are displayed in the Configuring device access rules window.
- In the Configuring device access rules window, click OK.
In the table of devices on the Trusted devices tab, the names of selected users and/or groups of users are displayed in the line containing the trusted device settings in the Users column.
- Click the Apply button.
To configure user access to a trusted device in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Device Control.
In the right part of the window, the Device Control component's settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Complete steps 6–12 of the previous instructions.
- To save changes, click the Save button.