Changing the priority web resource access rules
January 10, 2024
The priority of a rule is defined by its position in the Access rules sorted by priority table in the Web Control settings window. The first rule in the table has the highest priority.
If the web resource that the virtual machine user attempts to access matches the parameters of several rules, the application performs an action according to the rule with the highest priority.
You can raise or lower the priority of any web resource access rule except for the "Default rule", which always has the lowest priority and is located at the end of the list of rules.
To change the priority of a web resource access rule in Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the Web Control section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Access rules sorted by priority table, select the rule whose priority you want to change, and use the Move up and Move down buttons to move the rule to the necessary position.
- Click the Apply button.
To change the priority of a web resource access rule in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Web Control.
In the right part of the window, the Web Control component’s settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- In the Access rules sorted by priority table, select the rule whose priority you want to change, and use the Move up and Move down buttons to move the rule to the necessary position.
- To save changes, click the Save button.