Editing templates of Web Control messages
January 10, 2024
Depending on the action defined in the properties of web resource access rules, the application displays a message of one of the following types when a virtual machine user attempts to access web resources (the HTTP server response is replaced by an HTML page with the appropriate message):
- Warning message. This message warns the user that a website is potentially harmful and/or does not comply with the corporate policy. The application displays a warning message if the Warn option is selected from the Action drop-down list in the properties of the rule that describes this website.
If the user believes that the warning is mistaken, the user may click the link from the warning message to open a pre-generated complaint message and send it to the corporate LAN administrator.
- Message informing of blocking of a web resource. The application displays a message that informs that a web resource is blocked, if the Block option is selected from the Action drop-down list in the properties of the rule that describes this web resource.
If the user believes that the web resource was blocked by mistake, the user may click the link from the web resource blocking notification to open a pre-generated complaint message and send it to the corporate LAN administrator.
Special templates are provided for the warning message, web resource blocking notification, and complaint message sent to the corporate LAN administrator. You can modify their content.
To modify a Web Control message template in Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the Web Control section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, click the Templates button.
- In the Message templates window that opens, do one of the following:
- If you want to edit the template for the message that warns about a possibly dangerous website, select the Warning tab.
- If you want to edit the template of the message that informs the user that access to a website is blocked, select the Blocking tab.
- To modify the complaint template that is sent to the LAN administrator, select the Complaint tab.
- Edit the message template. To do this, use the Default and Variables buttons.
- Click OK in the Message templates window.
- Click the Apply button.
To modify a Web Control message template in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Web Control.
In the right part of the window, the Web Control component’s settings are displayed.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Complete steps 6–9 of the previous instructions.
- To save changes, click the Save button.