Configuring the scan task run mode
January 10, 2024
If it is impossible to run the scan task for any reason (for example, the protected virtual machine is off at that time), you can configure the skipped task to be run automatically as soon as this becomes possible.
You can postpone the scan task start after application startup if you have selected the By schedule update task run mode and the application startup time matches the scan task run schedule. The scan task can only be run after the specified time interval elapses after the startup of Kaspersky Security application.
To configure the scan task run mode in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Scheduled tasks section, select the subsection with the name of the relevant scan task (Full Scan, Critical Areas Scan or Custom Scan).
In the right part of the window, the settings of the selected scan task are displayed.
If some of the scan tasks do not appear in the section, this means that the policy prohibits configuration of the settings of these scan tasks for all protected virtual machines in the administration group.
- Click the Run mode button.
A window with the name of the selected scan task opens.
- In the opened window, on the Run mode tab, select one of the following options for the scan task run mode:
- If you want to start the scan task manually, select Manually.
- If you want to configure the startup schedule for the scan task, select By schedule.
- Do one of the following:
- If you have selected the Manually option, go to step 6 of these instructions.
- If you have selected the By schedule option, specify the settings of the scan task run schedule. To do this, perform the following actions:
- In the Frequency drop-down list, specify when the scan task is to be started. Select one of the following options: Days, Every week, At a specified time, Every month, After application startup, or After every update.
- Depending on the item that is selected in the Frequency drop-down list, specify values for the settings that define the start time of the scan task.
- If you selected the By schedule run mode for the scan task and the application start time coincides with the scheduled start of the scan task, you can postpone startup of the scan task until after the application starts. To do so, specify the amount of time to delay the start of the scan task after the application starts. The scan task can only be run after the specified time interval elapses after the startup of Kaspersky Security application.
This setting is unavailable if the After application startup or After every update items are selected from the Frequency drop-down list.
- If you want the application to run scan tasks that had been skipped as soon as possible, select the Run skipped tasks check box.
This check box is unavailable if the Minutes, Hours, After application startup, or After every update items are selected from the Frequency drop-down list.
- If you want the application to suspend scan tasks when virtual machine resources are limited, select the Suspend scheduled scanning when the protected virtual machine is unlocked check box. This helps to conserve virtual machine resources.
- In the window with the scan task name, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.