Changing the security level
January 10, 2024
To perform scan tasks the application uses various combinations of settings. These groups of settings are called security levels. You can select one of the preset security levels or configure security level settings on your own. There are three security levels: High, Recommended, and Low. The Recommended security level is considered the optimal setting, and is recommended by Kaspersky.
To change the security level in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Scheduled tasks section, select the subsection with the name of the relevant scan task (Full Scan, Critical Areas Scan or Custom Scan).
If some of the scan tasks do not appear in the section, this means that the policy prohibits configuration of the settings of these scan tasks for all protected virtual machines in the administration group.
In the right part of the window, the settings of the selected scan task are displayed.
- In the Security level section, do one of the following:
- If you want to install one of the pre-installed security levels (High, Recommended, or Low), use the slider to select one.
- If you want to configure a custom security level, click the Settings button and, in the window that opens, specify the settings with the name of a scan task.
After you configure a custom security level, the name of the security level in the Security level section changes to Custom.
- To change the security level to Recommended, click the Default button.
- To save changes, click the Save button.