Starting a scan task under the account of a different user
January 10, 2024
By default, a scan task is run under the account with which you are logged in to the guest operating system of the protected virtual machine. However, you may need to run a scan task under a different user account. You can specify a user who has the appropriate rights in the settings of the scan task and run the scan task under this user's account.
To configure the start of a scan task with the permissions of a different user in the local interface:
- On the protected virtual machine, open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Scheduled tasks section, select the subsection with the name of the relevant scan task (Full Scan, Critical Areas Scan or Custom Scan).
If some of the scan tasks do not appear in the section, this means that the policy prohibits configuration of the settings of these scan tasks for all protected virtual machines in the administration group.
In the right part of the window, the settings of the selected scan task are displayed.
- Click the Run mode button.
A window with the name of the selected scan task opens.
- In the opened window, on the Run mode tab in the User section, select the Run task as check box.
- In the Name field, enter the account name of the user whose rights are necessary for starting the scan task.
- In the Password field, enter the password of the user whose rights are necessary for starting the scan task.
- In the window with the scan task name, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.