Selecting types of detectable objects
January 10, 2024
Kaspersky Security lets you fine-tune the protection of the virtual machine and select the types of objects that the application detects during operation. The application always scans the operating system for viruses, worms, and Trojans. You cannot disable scanning of these types of objects because such objects can cause significant harm to the protected virtual machine. For greater security of your virtual machine, you can expand the range of detectable object types by enabling monitoring of legal software that can be used by criminals to damage protected virtual machine or personal data.
To select the types of detectable objects in Kaspersky Security Center:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- In the list of policies, select Light Agent for Windows policy to configure Light Agent for Windows settings, or Light Agent for Linux policy to configure Light Agent for Linux settings, and open the Settings: <Policy name> window by double-clicking it.
- In the policy properties window, select the General Protection Settings section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Objects to detect section, click the Settings button.
The Objects to detect window opens.
- Select check boxes opposite the types of objects that you want Kaspersky Security to detect.
Note that any detected objects can be deleted by the application.
- In the Objects to detect window, click OK.
The Objects to detect window closes. In the Objects to detect section, the selected types of objects are listed under Detection of objects of the following types is enabled.
- Click the Apply button.
To select the types of detectable objects in the local interface:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, select the Anti-Virus protection section.
The anti-virus protection settings are shown in the right part of the window.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- Complete steps 7–9 of the previous instructions.
- To save changes, click the Save button.