Installing Light Agent for Windows using Active Directory Group Policies
January 10, 2024
You can use Active Directory Group Policies to install the Light Agent for Windows component on virtual machines associated with the selected Group Policy Object, without using Kaspersky Security Center.
More detailed information about working with Active Directory Group Policies can be found in the Microsoft Windows Help files.
Prior to beginning installation of the Light Agent for Windows component, it is recommended to close all applications that are running in the operating system of the virtual machine that you want to protect.
Prior to beginning installation, you need to unpack the distribution package of Light Agent for Windows.
You can use the setup.ini file during installation. This file is created manually and contains the application installation settings.
To install Light Agent for Windows using Active Directory Group Policies:
- Create a shared network folder on the same device on which the domain controller is installed, and place the following files from the Light Agent for Windows distribution package into the folder:
- Installation package in MSI format (depending on the operating system of the virtual machine that you want to protect).
- The file setup.ini with the parameter
EulaAndPrivacyPolicyset to 1.
- Open the Group Policy Management window in Microsoft Windows.
- In the tree of the Group Policy Management window, select a Group Policy Object with which virtual machines intended for Light Agent for Windows installation are associated.
- Open the context menu of the group policy object and select Edit.
The Directory Management Group Policies Editor opens.
- Create a new installation package in the Group Policies Editor. To do this, perform the following actions:
- In the console tree, select Group Policy Object → Computer Configuration → Policies → Application Configuration → Software installation.
- Open the context menu of the Software installation node and select Create → Package.
The standard Open window in Microsoft Windows opens.
- In the standard Microsoft Windows Open window, specify the path to the application installation package in MSI format.
The Deploy application window opens.
- In the Deploy application window, select Assigned.
- Click OK.
The group policy will be applied to each virtual machine associated with a Group Policy Object at the next startup of virtual machines. As a result, the Light Agent for Windows component is installed on all virtual machines associated with the selected Group Policy Object.