Uninstalling Light Agent for Windows using Active Directory Group Policies
January 10, 2024
You can use Active Directory Group Policies to remove the Light Agent for Windows component from virtual machines associated with the selected Group Policy Object, without using Kaspersky Security Center.
More detailed information about working with Active Directory Group Policies can be found in the Microsoft Windows Help files.
To uninstall Light Agent for Windows using Active Directory Group Policies:
- Open the Group Policy Management window in Microsoft Windows.
- In the tree of the Group Policy Management window, select a Group Policy Object with which virtual machines intended for Light Agent for Windows uninstallation are associated.
- Open the context menu of the group policy object and select Edit.
The Directory Management Group Policies Editor opens.
- In the console tree, select Group Policy Object → Computer Configuration → Policies → Application Configuration → Software installation.
- In the list of installation packages, select the installation package for Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.2 Light Agent.
- Open the context menu of the installation package and select All tasks → Delete.
The Remove Applications window opens.
- In the Remove Applications window, select Immediately remove this application from all user computers.
The group policy will be applied to each protected virtual machine associated with a Group Policy Object at the next startup of virtual machines. As a result, the Light Agent for Windows component is removed from all protected virtual machines associated with the selected Group Policy Object.
You may need to restart virtual machines after removal.