Selecting the SVM
January 10, 2024
This step is available if you started the New Task Wizard from the Tasks folder or from the Kaspersky licenses folder.
Specify the method of selection of the SVMs for which you are creating the task:
- To select SVMs from the list of virtual machines detected by the Administration Server when polling the organization local network, click the Select network devices detected by Administration Server button.
- To specify SVM addresses manually or import a list of SVMs from a file, click the Specify device addresses manually or import from list button. Addresses are imported from a TXT file with a list of addresses of SVMs, with each address in a separate row.
If you import a list of SVMs from file or specify the addresses manually and the SVMs are identified by name, the list of SVMs for which the task is being created can be supplemented only with those SVMs whose details have already been included in the Administration Server database upon connection of SVMs or following a poll of the local area network.
- To create a task for an SVM selection according to predefined criteria, click the Assign task to selected devices button. For details on creating a selection of devices, please refer to the Kaspersky Security Center help.
- To create a task for all SVMs included in an administration group, click the Assign task to an administration group button.
Depending on the specified method of SVM selection, perform one of the following operations in the window that opens:
- In the list of detected virtual machines, specify the SVMs on which you want to activate the application. To do so, select the check boxes in the list on the left of the names of relevant SVMs.
- Click the Add or Add IP range button and enter the addresses of SVMs manually.
- Click the Import button, and in the window that opens select a TXT file with the list of addresses of SVMs.
- Click the Browse button and in the opened window specify the name of the selection containing SVMs on which you want to activate the application.
- Click the Browse button and select an administration group or manually enter the name of an administration group.
Proceed to the next step of the New Task Wizard.