Removing Kaspersky Security management plug-ins and the Integration Server
January 10, 2024
Removing MMC plug-ins and Integration Server
You can remove the Kaspersky Security MMC plug-ins, Integration Server, and Integration Server Console in one of the following ways:
- In interactive mode using the operating system's standard tools for removing programs. In the list of applications, select Kaspersky Security for Virtualization <version number> Light Agent – management components for removal. The wizard is used to perform removal.
- In silent mode from the command line. In the command line, enter
ksvla-components_5.2.X.X_mlg.exe -q -uninstall, where 5.2.X.X is the application version number.
While removing Integration Server using the wizard, you can save the following data used in the operation of the Integration Server:
- The SSL certificate used to establish a secure connection to the Integration Server.
- Accounts for connecting the Integration Server Console, SVM, and Light Agents to the Integration Server.
- Settings for connecting the Integration Server to hypervisors, virtual infrastructure administration servers, NSX Manager, Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server.
- If the application is used in multitenancy mode: the list of registered tenants and information about the time during which the virtual machines were protected by the application.
- SVM service data.
- Trace files of the Integration Server and Integration Server Console.
If you want to save the specified data, click the Save button in the window prompting you to save data. The saved data and settings are automatically used when you install the Integration Server again.
The removal finishes with an error if the Integration Server and the Integration Server Console, intended to work with Kaspersky Security 5.1, are detected on the device. To remove the management components of Kaspersky Security 5.2, first remove the management components of Kaspersky Security of the previous version using the standard uninstallation tools of the operating system.
If you upgrade the application to Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.2 Light Agent, after removing the Integration Server and the Integration Server Console intended to work with Kaspersky Security 5.2, the folder where the backup copy of the database and settings, and the Integration Server certificate were saved during the upgrade remains on the device. This folder is not automatically deleted when you remove the application. You can delete this folder manually. Administrator rights are required to access this folder. The folder is located by the path specified when updating the Integration Server. The default path is %ProgramData%\Kaspersky Lab\VIISLA_Backup\VIISData(1). The number in the folder name is incremented by 1 each time an update is done.
Removing web plug-ins
Kaspersky Security web plug-ins can be removed in the Web Console in the list of installed plug-ins (Console settings → Web plug-ins).