Configuring object scan settings by AMSI requests
January 10, 2024
To configure the settings for scanning objects by AMSI requests from third-party applications:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
- In the Managed devices folder of the console tree, open the folder with the name of the administration group to which the relevant protected virtual machines belong.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Light Agent for Windows policy in the list of policies and open the Properties: <Policy name> by double-clicking.
- In the policy properties window, select the AMSI Protection section in the list on the left.
- In the right part of the window, in the Scan compound files section, specify the compound files to be scanned by Kaspersky Security upon request from third-party applications: archives, self-extracting archives, embedded OLE objects.
- In the Size limit section, do one of the following:
- To allow Kaspersky Security to unpack large compound files when scanning objects on request from third-party applications, clear the Do not unpack large compound files check box.
- To prevent Kaspersky Security from unpacking large compound files, select the Do not unpack large compound files check box and specify the required value in the Maximum file size field. Kaspersky Security will not unpack compound files larger than the specified size.
Kaspersky Security scans large files that are extracted from archives, regardless of whether the Do not unpack large compound files check box is selected.
- Click the Apply button.