Downloading SVM images
January 10, 2024
In the Kaspersky Security Components Installation Wizard, the images necessary for deploying SVMs with the Protection Server component on hypervisors can be downloaded from Kaspersky website.
To download the SVM images:
- On the device where the Administration Console and Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server are installed, run the ksvla-components_5.2.X.X_mlg.exe file (5.2.X.X is the application version number). This file is included in the distribution kit.
Kaspersky Security components installation Wizard starts.
- Select the localization language of the Wizard and of the Kaspersky Security components and proceed to the next step of the Wizard.
By default, the localization language of the operating system installed on the device where the Wizard was started is used.
- Select the Download the SVM images option and proceed to the next step of the Wizard.
- Select the type of hypervisor on which you want to deploy SVMs.
If you want to download an SVM image for deployment on a basic hypervisor of the ALT Virtualization Server platform, you need to select KVM as the hypervisor type.
In the window of the default browser, the archive containing the SVM image and SVM image description file (XML file) will begin downloading.
- After the download completes, close the Wizard window (using the Cancel button) or return to the step for selecting the action of the Kaspersky Security Components Installation Wizard (using the Back button).
Information about the work of the Wizard is written to trace files of the Kaspersky Security Components Installation Wizard. If the wizard completed with an error, you can use these files when contacting Technical Support.