Issue of Kaspersky Security 11 for Windows Server compatibility with backup systems
- Kaspersky Security 11.0.1 for Windows Server (version 220.127.116.117)
- Kaspersky Security 11.0.0 for Windows Server (version 18.104.22.1680)
When Kaspersky Security for Windows Server performs on-demand scan tasks, the time when each scanned file was last accessed is updated. After the scan, Kaspersky Security for Windows Server resets the time when the file was last accessed to the initial value.
This behavior can affect the work of backup systems by causing creation of backup copies for files that haven’t been changed. This can also cause false detections in file change tracking applications, e g. CommVault File Activity Anomaly Alert.
Disable resetting of the last accessed time after the file was scanned:
- Open the Kaspersky Security Center console.
- Open the properties of the Kaspersky Security for Windows Server policy.
- Click Application Settings in the left menu.
- In the Scalability, interface and scan settings section, click Settings.
- Open the Scan settings tab and clear the checkbox Restore file attributes after scanning.
- Click OK.