Kaspersky Thin Client interface
Oct 23, 2023
The Kaspersky Thin Client interface contains the following elements:
- Main window of the Kaspersky Thin Client. In the main window you can choose a direct connection to a remote desktop via RDP or a connection to remote desktops managed by Basis.WorkPlace. In the connection window, you can configure the RDP connection settings or the Basis.WorkPlace connection settings. If Kaspersky Thin Client is a member of an administration group and the administrator's contact details are specified in the group's general settings, the contacts of the Kaspersky Security Center administrator are also displayed in the main window.
- Control panel of Kaspersky Thin Client. It contains the following items:
- — shutdown button. Lets you turn off or restart Kaspersky Thin Client.
- — button for switching to the Settings and Tools sections:
In the Settings section, you can configure Kaspersky Thin Client.
In the Tools section, you can do the following:
- Notification area showing the following:
- Status of Kaspersky Thin Client connections to the network and to Kaspersky Security Center.
- Information on new notifications of Kaspersky Thin Client.
- Keyboard input language selection button.
- System date and time.
After connection and during a remote desktop connection session, the upper part of the screen displays the connection panel. The connection panel displays the name of the remote desktop and the name of the connected user. When you connect to a remote desktop the connection panel is collapsed and its buttons are hidden. You can move the connection panel horizontally to the right or left by clicking the panel and waiting for an arrow to appear.
The connection panel can be expanded by using one of the following methods:
- Left-click the connection panel.
- Press the key combination CTRL+ALT+HOME.
The expanded connection panel displays the Disconnect from server button, which closes the remote desktop connection session. You can also close the connection session by pressing CTRL+D.