How Idle Scan works in Kaspersky Total Security 19
Scanning a computer with Kaspersky Total Security can use a substantial amount of system resources. To reduce the load on the system, you are able to run scan tasks (of the system memory, system partition, and startup objects) and database update tasks in Kaspersky Total Security while the computer is locked or the screensaver is on. This additional setting increases the security of your computer while consuming a minimum amount of resources.
If the computer is running on battery power, Kaspersky Total Security will not run tasks when the computer is idle so as to prolong battery life.
To set the tasks to run when the computer is idle:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security, click .
- To learn how to open the main application window, see this article.
- Go to the Performance section.
- Select or clear the following checkboxes:
- Perform Idle Scan.
- Postpone computer scan tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load.