Limitations of Kaspersky Total Security 20 on 64-bit operating systems
The following features of Kaspersky Total Security are limited when the application is installed on 64-bit operating systems:
- Protection against screenshots
- Application Control
- Safe Money
Protection against screenshots
When the On-Screen Keyboard is used on 64-bit versions of Windows 8 and 8.1, protection against screenshots may not work. Open the page in the Protected Browser to ensure protection against screenshots.
In 64-bit versions of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 protection through hardware virtualization (a hypervisor) is unavailable in the following cases:
- If a third-party hypervisor is running (e.g. VMware). As soon as you exit the third-party hypervisor, protection against screenshots becomes available.
- Your CPU does not support hardware virtualization. You can find out whether your CPU supports hardware virtualization in your computer’s technical documentation or on the vendor's site.
- If hardware virtualization is disabled on your computer. You can find out how to enable hardware virtualization in your computer’s technical documentation or on the vendor's site.
On 64-bit operating systems, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:
- Direct access to physical memory
- Managing printer drivers
- Creating a service
- Opening a service for reading
- Opening a service for writing
- Modifying a service configuration
- Managing a service
- Starting a service
- Deleting a service
- Access to internal browser data
- Access to critical objects of the operating system
- Access to password storage
- Setting debug privileges
- Use of operating system program interfaces (including DNS)
Also, on the 64-bit version of Windows 8, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:
- Sending window messages to other processes
- Executing suspicious operations
- Hooks installation
- Hooking of incoming messages stream
- Making screenshots
On the 64-bit version of Windows 8, the following Safe Money features are limited:
- Clipboard protection
- Protection against unauthorized browser access by means of simulating user input.
- Protection against unauthorized remote access.
- Protection against browser hijacking.
- Protection against unauthorized browser access by means of application programming interfaces.
- Access to internal browser data.