Failed to open a data vault in Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Possible cause 1: Lack of permissions for the System user account
Grant the account all the needed permissions:
- Open the shortcut menu of the data vault and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, in the Group or user names section, select SYSTEM and click Edit to set permissions.
- Set permissions to read, write and modify files, then click Apply.
Possible cause 2: The data vault is located in the root folder of the system drive
If you cannot unlock the data vault which is located in the root folder of the system disk (for example, C:\):
- Copy it to another folder, e.g. Documents.
- Connect the relocated Data vault to Kaspersky Total Security 2018 by clicking I already have a data vault.
- Open the data vault you have added.
- Enter the password and click Open data vault in Windows explorer.
Contact Kaspersky Technical Support
If the instructions in this article did not help, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic of your request.