How to protect keyboard input in Kaspersky Total Security 2018
When you enter the information from the keyboard, criminals can intercept it using spying software secretly installed on your computer. Spyware registers keystrokes whenever you are using a hardware keyboard.
Use On-Screen Keyboard of Kaspersky Total Security 2018 to protect your data from interception.
On-screen Keyboard works through the Kaspersky Protection extension, which is added to your browser once you install Kaspersky Total Security 2018. It supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 – 11 versions (except IE 10 and IE 11 in the new Windows interface style)
- Mozilla Firefox 43 – 50
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 38.5 – 45
- Google Chrome 44.x – 55.x
- Microsoft Edge
To start using On-Screen Keyboard after you install Kaspersky Internet Security, restart the computer and enable the Kaspersky Protection plugin.
Scroll down to watch the video about protection data entered from the keyboard in Kaspersky Total Security 2018.
How to open On-Screen Keyboard
You can open On-Screen Keyboard from the browser window and from the application shortcut menu.
How to open On-Screen Keyboard from a browser window
On the top panel of the browser, click the Kaspersky Protection icon and select Open On-Screen Keyboard.
How open On-Screen Keyboard from the application's shortcut menu
In the lower-right corner of the Desktop, right-click the application icon and select Tools, then select On-Screen Keyboard.
If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow.
How to type using the On-Screen Keyboard
Click the keys of the On-Screen Keyboard to enter text. Make sure you have entered the text in the appropriate box.
To use keyboard combinations (e.g. Alt+F4):
- Click the first key, Alt.
- Then click the second key, F4.
- Click the first key again.
The second click of the key acts in the same way as releasing the key on a hardware keyboard.
How to configure On-Screen Keyboard
You can adjust the On-Screen Keyboard settings in Secure Keyboard Input section of Kaspersky Total Security 2018:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security 2018, click the gear button .
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- In the Settings window, go to the Additional section and select Secure Data Input in the right frame.
- In the Secure Keyboard Input settings window, select or clear the check boxes:
- Open On-Screen Keyboard by typing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P.
- Show quick launch icon in data entry fields.
- To select the categories of websites where the icon for On-Screen Keyboard quick launch will be shown, click Edit categories.
- Select the check boxes for the categories.
- To create the list of specific websites where the icon for On-Screen Keyboard quick launch will be shown, click Manage exclusions.
- In the Exclusions for On-Screen Keyboard window, click Add.
- Enter the website address, select the scope and select whether to show the On-Screen keyboard icon in the browser.
- Click Add.