How to block banner ads on websites using Anti-Banner in Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Anti-Banner is a component which blocks banner advertisements on websites and in applications.
Banner ads are not only devoid of useful information and distracting, but they also increase the amount of network traffic.
How to turn on Anti-Banner in the browser
In the upper part of the browser window, click the Kaspersky Protection icon. In the Anti-Banner section, click Enable.
If you cannot find the icon of Kaspersky Protection plugin, see the guide on how to enable Kaspersky Protection in a browser.
How to enable Anti-Banner from the Kaspersky Total Security window
Anti-Banner is disabled by default. To block banner ads, you must enable Anti-Banner :
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security 2018, click the gear button .
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- In the the Protection section, enable Anti-Banner by moving the toggle to the right.
How to block a banner
If Anti-Banner is enabled, but the banner is still present, add the banner to the list of blocked items. You can also specify the websites on which you do not want the banners to be blocked.
To adjust the Anti-Banner settings:
- Click the Kaspersky Protection icon in the browser, and then click the arrow to expand the Anti-Banner block.
- In the Anti-Banner settings window, you can specify the websites where the banners will not be blocked and create lists of allowed or blocked banners:
- Click the link to open the list.
- Click Add.
- Enter the address of a website or a banner and click Add .
How to disable Anti-Banner
If you want some or all banners to be displayed, click the Kaspersky Protection icon in the browser window. In the Anti-Banner section, click Allow on this website or Disable Anti-Banner .