How to enable the Trusted Applications mode in Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Latest update: July 12, 2017 ID: 13669
The Trusted Applications mode in Kaspersky Total Security 2018 prevents untrusted programs from launching. Kaspersky Total Security 2018 declares a program untrusted if Kaspersky Security Network has no information about it, or if it was downloaded from an untrusted website. Only known and trusted applications are allowed to run.
Before you enable the Trusted Applications mode, make sure Application Control, File Anti-Virus, and System Watcher are also enabled .
To enable the Trusted Applications mode:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security 2018, click More tools.
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- In the Tools window, click Trusted Applications mode.
- Click Enable.
- Kaspersky Total Security 2018 will scan the operating system and the applications installed on the computer. Scanning may take a significant period of time (up to several hours). The scan is performed only at the first startup. Wait until the scan is complete.
- Check that the applications you usually use run correctly. If necessary, you can adjust Application control settings by clicking Manage applications, or disable the mode entirely.