How to run a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a free tool that scans and disinfects Windows-based computers. The tool detects known types of malware as well as advertising software and applications that may be used for malicious purposes. For more information about such applications, see the Kaspersky virus encyclopedia.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is designed for a one-time virus scan as it does not feature database updates and will not protect against new threats. Once the scan is complete, install an antivirus solution on your computer to ensure real-time protection.
To scan your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool:
- Run the tool. See this article for instructions.
- If necessary, click Change parameters to set a scan scope.
- Select the checkboxes for objects to scan. Click Add object to add other objects to scope.
- Click ОК.
- Click Start scan.
- Wait until the scan is complete. If any threats are detected during the scan, a notification with a request for action will be displayed. For instructions on how to select an action for detected objects, see this article.
- To view the scan details, click details.
- To exit Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, click Close or the cross in the upper-right corner of the window.
Your computer will be scanned for known types of malware as well as advertising software and applications that may be used for malicious purposes.