Changing the Administrator account password
December 13, 2023
The Administrator account with superuser privileges lets you log in to the system without using external services. The password of this user account is valid for one year. After the password expires, the administrator is shown a prompt to change the password when the administrator attempts to log in to the application web interface. Authentication with the Administrator account will be possible only after the password is changed.
To change the password of the Administrator account:
- In the application web interface window, select the Settings section, Application access subsection.
- Go to the Local administrator section.
- In the Old password field, enter the current Administrator account password.
This password is first defined during the installation of the application.
- In the New password text box, type the new password that satisfies password requirements.
The password requirements are listed under the field.
You cannot set a password that was previously used. Kaspersky Web Traffic Security compares the new password with the last 24 passwords that were previously used. An error is displayed if the new password matches one of the previously used passwords.
- In the Confirm password field, enter the new password again.
- Click Save.
The password will be changed.