Adding a node to a cluster
December 13, 2023
To add a node to a cluster:
- In the application web interface window, select Nodes.
- Click Add node.
The Add node window opens.
- In the IP address and Port fields, type the IP address and port of the server hosting the application that you want to add as a cluster node.
- If necessary, type additional information about the added server in the Comment field.
- In the Scan threads field, specify how many threads of traffic can be simultaneously processed by the ICAP server.
Valid values are from 4 to 1024. Recommended value: number of processor cores plus one.
- Click Next.
- Compare the certificate fingerprints in the Confirm node window and in the certificate file in the nginx service folder (/etc/nginx/kwts/controlapi.crt). If the certificate fingerprints match, click Confirm.
You can get a certificate fingerprint by running the following command:
openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint -sha256 -inform pem -in /etc/nginx/kwts/controlapi.crt
The node will be added to the cluster and will be displayed in the nodes table on the Nodes page.