Installation and initial configuration of the application from an RPM or DEB package
December 13, 2023
The servers on which you are installing the application must have static IP addresses. Otherwise you will not be able to manage the settings of nodes or synchronize settings with the node with role Control after creating a cluster.
RPM and DEB packages are intended for installing the application in an operating system on a physical server or virtual server. You must perform installation and initial configuration of the application on each server on which you want to process network traffic.
The scenario for installation and initial configuration of the application from an RPM or DEB package consists of the following steps:
- SELinux Shutdown
- Installing the nginx service
- Configuring ports for operation of the application
- Installing the application package
- Installing the localization package
- Configuring the application using the configuration script
- Installing the Squid service if you’re not using a separate proxy server and want to install the Squid service
- Configuring the Squid service if you have already installed the Squid service
- Configuring SSL Bumping in the Squid service if you have already installed the Squid service
After installation the application starts to log the information about its components functioning to Kaspersky Web Traffic Security event log, to Syslog event log, and to trace files according to the defined trace level. For more details about user data see the section About data provision.
After initial configuration of the application, you need to combine all nodes into a cluster for application management through the web interface.