Uploading an ISO file
December 13, 2023
Before running the Virtual Machine Creation Wizard, you must upload an ISO file to the data storage of the host.
To upload an ISO file in the VMware ESXi Hypervisor Management Console:
- Open the Management Console of the VMware ESXi hypervisor.
- In the Navigator pane, select the Storage section.
- Select the Datastores tab.
- Click Datastore browser.
The Datastore browser window opens.
- Select the data storage and the folder in which you want to upload the ISO file
- Click the Upload button.
The file selection window opens.
- Select the file and click Open.
Wait for the file to be uploaded. When the upload is complete, the name of the ISO file is displayed in the file table of the host's data storage. Make sure that the specified size of the uploaded file matches the size of the original file.