Removing a virtual machine in the Microsoft Hyper-V Hypervisor Management Console
December 13, 2023
Before removing the application, you must complete the necessary preparations.
To remove a virtual machine in the Microsoft Hyper-V Hypervisor Management Console:
- Start Hyper-V Manager.
- In the main application window, in the list of virtual machines of the hypervisor in the Virtual Machines table, select the virtual machine that you want to remove.
- If the virtual machine is powered on, power it off. To do so, right-click to open the context menu and select Turn Off. Wait for the machine to power off.
- In the context menu of the virtual machine, select Settings.
The virtual machine properties window opens.
- In the Hardware settings group, select SCSI Controller → Hard Drive.
- Use any convenient method to save the path indicated in the Virtual hard disk field and close the virtual machine properties window.
By default, after removing a virtual machine in the hypervisor management console, the file of the virtual hard drive is not deleted from the server. You will need to manually delete it.
- In the context menu of the virtual machine, select Delete.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete.
- On the physical server of the hypervisor, manually delete the file of the virtual hard drive from the folder indicated at step 6.
The virtual machine with Kaspersky Web Traffic Security installed is removed and is no longer displayed in the list of virtual machines.