KL 002.11.6: Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Management
- Kaspersky Security Center 13
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.6
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 11
The main aim is to provide all know-how required to deploy, configure, and manage the solution.
The course instructs how to design, deploy and maintain protection systems based on Kaspersky Endpoint Security and centrally manage them via Kaspersky Security Center. It describes products designed to protect a network of up to 1000 endpoints in a single location. Endpoints in this course are servers and workstations running Windows.
- Describe the capabilities of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows and Kaspersky Security Center
- Design and deploy an optimal protection solution based on Kaspersky Endpoint Security in a Windows network and manage it via Kaspersky Security Center
- Maintain the deployed system
1.1. Basics of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
1.2. How to deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
1.3. How to install Kaspersky Security Center
- Lab 1. Install Kaspersky Security Center
1.4. How to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security on computers
- Lab 2. Deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security
1.5. How to organize computers into groups
- Lab 3. Create a structure of managed computers
2. Protection management
2.1. How Kaspersky Endpoint Security protects computers
2.2. How to configure file protection
- Lab 4. Test File Threat Protection
2.3. How to configure protection against network threats
- Lab 5. Configure Mail Threat Protection
- Lab 6. Test Web Threat Protection
2.4. How to configure protection against sophisticated threats
- Lab 7. How to test protection of network folders against ransomware
- Lab 8. Test protection against exploits
- Lab 9. Test protection against fileless threats
- Lab 10. Improve workstations' protection against ransomware
2.5. How to control network connections
- Lab 11. Test Network Threat Protection
- Lab 12. How to configure exclusions from self-defense
- Lab 13. Configure password protection
- Lab 14. Configure Application Control
- Lab 15. Block start of unknown applications in the network
- Lab 16. Block USB flash drives
- Lab 17. Configure access rights for USB flash drives
- Lab 18. Configure Web Control
- Lab 19. Configure Adaptive Anomaly Control
- Lab 20. Configure the dashboard
- Lab 21. Configure maintenance tools
- Lab 22. Collect diagnostic information
- Description of Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, interaction of its components and the process of connecting to Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console.
- How to configure and use merging exclusions in policies.
- How to configure and use local exclusions.
- Description of the ‘Wipe data’ task’s settings and operation.
- Basic understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, email, web.
- Basic Windows administrator skills.
- Basic knowledge of information security principles.
2.6. How to protect computers outside the network
2.7. What else is there in protection and why?
3.2. Application Control
3.3. Device Control
3.4. Web Control
3.5. Adaptive Anomaly Control
4.1. How to maintain protection
4.2. What to do daily
4.3. What to do if something has happened
4.4. What to do from time to time
Course materials and labs have been updated for Kaspersky Security Center version 13 and Kaspersky Endpoint Security version 11.6.
The following information has been added to the presentation and student guide:
Requirements for participants
All participants receive a certificate after course completion.