Moving assets from the default tenant to a new tenant
February 12, 2024
When you delete a tenant that contains some assets, all its assets are disconnected from MDR solution. Before deleting a tenant, move all its assets to the default tenant or a new tenant.
Your account in Kaspersky Security Center Web Console or Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console must have a role with the following access rights: Incident access and Tenant management, and the ability to view, add, edit, and delete tenants in the MDR section in Kaspersky Security Center.
To move assets from the default tenant to a new tenant:
- In the MDR section of Kaspersky Security Center, create a new tenant. Later, you will add assets to this tenant.
When you create a new tenant, you download an MDR configuration file.
- In Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, create a new administration group.
- Add the assets that you want to move to the new tenant to the new administration group.
- Create a new policy for Kaspersky Endpoint Agent or an EPP application for the created administration group.
- Apply the MDR configuration file to the created policy.
For details on different deployment scenarios, refer to Deployment of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response.
After the policy is applied to the assets of the administration group, the assets are moved from the default tenant to the newly created tenant.