Deployment by using Kaspersky Security Center Web Console
February 12, 2024
- Your IT infrastructure meets the hardware and software requirements of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response.
- For ports 443 and 1443 on each asset that you want to protect, outgoing non-SSL traffic is allowed and traffic inspection is disabled. These ports are used for transferring telemetry data from the assets to the following Kaspersky servers:
Deployment of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response by using Kaspersky Security Center Web Console proceeds in stages:
- Installing MDR Plug-in
Download and configure MDR Plug-in for managing the solution in Kaspersky Security Center Web Console.
- Activation of the solution
Activate the Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response solution with your license.
- Downloading the MDR configuration file
Download the MDR configuration file for your organization or download separate archives for every tenant from the Tenants section of MDR Web Console or by using MDR Plug-in in Kaspersky Security Center Web Console.
- Installing EPP applications
Ensure that you have installed the EPP applications that support Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response functionality on your assets.
- Integration with EPP applications
Perform the application-specific deployment scenarios for all the Kaspersky applications installed on your assets:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Mac
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.2 Light Agent
- Kaspersky Anti-Targeted Attack Platform
If you have more than one Kaspersky application installed in your infrastructure, you can perform the application-specific scenarios in any order.
In case you do not use MDR Plug-in, manually set up Private KSN on your assets by using your KSN configuration file from the MDR configuration file. This step ensures that telemetry is sent to the dedicated servers that comply with GDPR regulations. If you do not set up Private KSN and do not use MDR Plug-in for initial deployment of Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response, your telemetry is not transmitted, and the Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response service is not provided.
You can check the status of your assets by using the MDR Health functionality.