Error "The key file is not compatible"
Latest update: July 07, 2021 ID: 13035
If a Kaspersky application returns the error message "The key file is not compatible", then the entered activation code is obsolete or intended for another application.
To continue using the product, do the following:
Install a suitable version of the application
To use the current activation code, install the version of the app you had before.
Buy a new activation code
- Buy a new activation code.
- Open the application.
- In the lower-right part of the main application window, click License.
- In the Licensing view, click (cross) next to the trial license key number.
- To remove the license, click Remove key in the Attention dialog.
- Activate the application using your activation code.
Submit a request to technical support and change the code for another one
If the error persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.