How to enable Protection against screen lockers in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018
Screen lockers are malicious programs that display a banner on the screen which cannot be closed, and then demand a ransom for removing it.
If you see a banner with a demand that you send a text message or make a money transfer to unlock the computer, use a keyboard shortcut that will cause Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 to detect and remove the screen locker.
Scroll down to watch the video guide about Protection against screen lockers in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018.
How to unlock the screen using a keyboard shortcut
If your screen is locked by a screen locker, use the preconfigured key combination.
If you have not set custom key combination, press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4 to remove the banner.
Next, run a Full Scan.
Ho to configure protection against screen lockers
By default, Protection against screen lockers is enabled.
To set the key combination:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018, click the gear button .
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- Go to the Protection section in the Settings window and select System Watcher.
- Make sure that the check box Detect and close screen lockers is enabled In the System Watcher settings window.
- Specify the shortcut which will be used as a command for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 to detect and remove screen-locking ransomware.