Compatibility of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Workstations and Kaspersky Security Center 10 with Windows 10
Kaspersky Lab products are compatible with Windows 10.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Workstations SP1 MR2
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Workstations: Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 (version 10.2.4.674) has been released on December 7, 2015.
- Support of the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise operating system has been added.
- A new component named BadUSB Attack Prevention has been added.
BadUSB Attack Prevention allows you to prevent your computer from connection with reprogrammed USB devices that emulate keyboards. When a USB device is connected to the computer and identified as a keyboard by the operating system, the component prompts the user to authorize the newly connected device. Any keyboard that has not passed authorization will be blocked.
- The full disk encryption (FDE) functionality has been improved:
- Support of the following keyboard layouts has been added in Authentication Agent: AZERTY (Belgium), ЙЦУКЕН (Russia, for 105-key IBM/Windows keyboards), QWERTY (Japan, 106 Japanese).
- Support of authorization in Authentication Agent through the following devices has been added: SafeNet eToken 4100 - 72K (Java), Gemalto IDPrime .NET (511), Rutoken ECP Flash.
- Support of USB 3.0 devices in Authentication Agent has been added.
- The option of filtering by local address, physical interface, and packet time-to-live (TTL) has been added in Firewall rules.
- New options have been added for report management:
- The option of protecting the application reports with a password has been added.
- The set of security audit events has been extended.
- A few changes have been made to fix some vulnerabilities, including:
- Conversion to the OpenSSL 1.0.1.p library has been performed.
- Changes have been made to prevent POODLE attacks on the application.
- Conversion to the secure (https) channel for application dumps has been performed.
- Some other vulnerabilities have been eliminated.
- The default value for the local setting of product update installation has been changed from "Install critical and approved updates" to "Install only approved updates".
- Some more errors have been fixed .
Kaspersky Security Center 10 Service Pack 1: patch D
Patch D for Kaspersky Security Center 10 Service Pack 1 version 10.2.434d was released on September 30, 2015.
- Administration Server has become compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education.
- A new attribute Login has been added to the settings of the Kaspersky Lab application removal task next to the Password attribute in order to support the new scheme of protection against unauthorized removal of new versions of Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
- The Administration Server startup process has been optimized.
- The connection issue between primary Adminisration Server and secondary Administration Server have been fixed. The issues occurred when the version of one of the servers has been 10 Maintenance Release 1, and the other's version was 10 Service Pack 1.
- The process of Administration Console connection to Administration Server has been optimized.
- The operation of the Tasks folder under a large number of tasks has been optimized.
- The mechanism of policy conversion to a new version has been improved. The Conversion Wizard now converts both policies and policy profiles.
- Some other functions have been improved.