Managing tasks in the Administration Console
Oct 22, 2023
You can create the following tasks for working with Kaspersky Endpoint Security using Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console:
- Local tasks that are configured for an individual device
- Group tasks that are configured for devices within administration groups
- Tasks for sets of devices that do not belong to administration groups
The tasks for the sets of devices are performed only on the devices that are specified in the task settings. If new devices are added to the device selection for which the task is created, this task is not applied to the new devices. To apply the task to these computers, you must create a new task or edit the settings of the existing task.
You can create any number of group tasks, tasks for a set of devices, or local tasks.
You can perform the following actions with tasks:
- Start, stop, pause, and resume tasks.
The Update task cannot be paused or resumed, it can only be started or stopped.
- Create new tasks.
- Edit task settings.
If the user account which is used to access the Administration Server does not have permissions to edit the settings of certain functional scopes, the settings of these functional scopes are not available for editing. Configuration of some settings is not supported in the KESL container.
- Compare task versions in the Revision history section of the task properties window.
General information about the tasks in the Administration Console is provided in Kaspersky Security Center documentation.